Romeo & Juliet Character Chart
DUE DATE: December 15 & 16
Your assignment is to sort out all of the members of the play in terms of last names (Montague, Capulet, and others), and place in a Word chart (see below for example).
PARTS OF THE PROJECT
Papers will be graded by your English, World Studies, and Digitools teachers.
Your Name Here
Instructions for MAKING CHART
1. Open a new word document
2. Set page margins to 1” top, bottom, left & right
3. Make sure font is Times New Roman, 12 point
4. Format heading information for document (name, date, period & assignment)
5. Triple space (return three times)
6. Create title “Romeo and Juliet: The Families” centered & bold
7. Triple space (return three times)
8. Go to “Table-Insert-Table” and create a new table with 3 columns, 26 rows, 2” columns.
9. Select your table, right click on it, select table properties and choose center align.
10. Label each of the three columns as follows: 1) Character, 2) Family, and 3) Character Traits and Other Information. Use mixed case, bold text and center in column.
11. The rest of the columns in your table will be left justified. Highlight the rows with your cursor and choose left justify from your tool bar.
12. Enter each character name, corresponding family, and traits/details.
13. After all characters are entered select those cells and sort in ascending order.
14. Format the top three cells so they have a double line around each cell. Select those three cells, go to Format-Paragraph, choose the appropriate line and select double line.